The objective of the competition is to inspire the young designers; and add flight to the wings of their creative and imaginative minds and acknowledge their talents. A discerning entry in the competition will increase industry visibility, peer recognition and offer positive future opportunities.
About Aica Sunmica
AICA KOGYO COMPANY LIMITED, Japan is the parent company of Aica Laminates India Pvt Ltd. Aica’s Global network spreads across countries like Japan, China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Malaysia apart from India.
The Company’s endeavour to continue its global expansion is a priority for the future ion tune to its motto of challenge and creation.
AICA LAMINATES INDIA PVT LTD., is the only Japanese company in India manufacturing laminates. Brand Sunmica is a flagship brand synonymous with laminates having a proven track record of Quality, Durability and Reliability over the years. The company has its bureau VERITAS certified manufacturing unit at Rudrapur’ where all its products are nurtured to the most stringent international standards. The state of art products includes trend setting and innovative range of decorative laminates ideal for surface styling.
The company commitment to offer excellence in customer service and satisfaction remains steadfast.
To meet the challenges of the ever changing life styles and demands, the competition requires the young minds to propose a futuristic design of Retail Bank of approximately 300 square meters. The Design must take into consideration the space functionality of the technologically driven bank operations, safety &security, ambience of internationally acceptable standards and Green design principles.
The space indicated in Sketch 01 will be considered for the design proposal of the Retail Bank. It is left to the participant to decide the location of the bank and suggest requirements accordingly. A suggestive Design brief is given below for consideration:
- Personnel banking lobby with adequate no of desks for customer enquiry / interaction.
- Teller lobby for cash/ cheque deposits, cash withdrawal facilities.
- Branch Manager/ Asst Manager cabin
- Meeting / Discussion Room for 6-8 persons
- Pantry cum lunch room
- ATM facility
- Strong Room
- Record Room
- Waiting Area
- Locker facility
- Server Room
- Toilet facilities.
Design deliverables and submission format:
- Max 6 (A2 size) sheets or 12 (A3 size) sheets can be submitted. The medium of presentation is open.
- The floor plans/ elevations/ sections and other details showing spaces, circulations, furniture arrangement, flooring and ceiling designs and construction details must be on a readable scale.
- The participants must make innovative use of AICA SUNMICA range of laminates for an aesthetically satisfying ambience of Interior elements and spaces.
- Design Inspiration 2018 and Kaiya Range of Aica Sunmica to be used for reference. They can be viewed in the company’s website www.aicasunmica.com
- The design scheme proposal must include furniture design proposals, 3D views, colour schemes and material board.
- Soft copies are also to be submitted along with the entries. Ensure that soft copy presentation is in power point format compatible with MS office 2010 and with not more than 20 slides.
- Do not write/ mention your name or name of team members on any drawings or presentations. Only mention 6 digit alpha numeric on your presentations at the extreme bottom right corner of your sheets. The name/s of the participants must be submitted along with this 6 digit alpha numeric in a separate sealed envelope which shall be opened only after the conclusion of the jury. The envelope must be captioned “ AICA SUNMICA DESIGN COMPETITION” along with[ SIX DIGIT ALPHA NUMERIC]
- The competition is open to all undergraduate students of Architecture and Design. Students who have graduated in 2018 are also eligible to participate.
- A Group entry to comprise a maximum of three students.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified to make an oral presentation as a final judging procedure.
- Participants must be enrolled in an educational institution of interior design or architecture.
1st December 2018
Last date of Registration
15th January 2019
Last Date of submission of Entries
21st January 2019
The entries must reach the Head office of AICA SUNMICA
AICA LAMINATES INDIA PVT LTD.
Jet Air House, (4th Floor), 13 Community Centre, Yusuf Sarai, New Delhi 110049. INDIA
Latest by 5:00 pm of Monday, the 21st January 2019.
2 Consolation prizes if recommended by the Jury panel : Rs 15,000.00
The jury will comprise of eminent practising professionals and academicians nominated by the Management of AICA Laminates India Pvt Ltd.
- Concept and design intent
- Response to context
- Innovative use of AICA range of laminates in creating an aesthetically satisfying ambience.
- Area program: Understanding of the user and space
- Efficient use of space
- Using Green Design Principles.